Saturday, August 18, 2012

Can't wait


This sweet little thing gets a baby brother for Christmas. Although we are hoping the arrival of our baby comes right on (Dec 27) or way before Christmas, we'll be happy with whenever we get to meet our sweet boy! When Wes first found out that he was getting a brother, he insisted that we call him "Donut". He has now upgraded the baby's name to "Race Car" and will not even consider any other options. I think it's darling!



Mr Weston starts preschool at the end of the month. I totally didn't think I'd be one of THOSE moms who had a hard time or cried when their kids go to school, but just the thought of him going is too much for me to handle right now. We took him to his Back to School night and he didn't want to leave. Me and Rob could, but he wanted to stay.



I semi-finished the nursery! (I just need to paint the doors and baseboard and get curtains)
But isn't it cute!! My sister came over and helped me paint. I loved spending time with her. She's the best!



I spent waaaay too much time taping off all those stripes. I probably looked like a crazy person while pulling off the final tape. I was so excited!

I can't wait to give little Wes a brother to boss around, play baseball with, be an example to, be mischievous with, to grow up together and be each others best friend. I just can't wait!

3 comments:

Chris and Hay said...

Such a cute nursery! And I actually had a classmate in pharmacy school named Donut, we called him Doni. So it is an option ;) Congrats on having another boy!

Emily Nelson said...

Aww this post makes me so happy :) It was soo good to see you guys and your amazing home! Wes makes us giggle. We sometimes just burst into "We Are Young" and sing it Wes style. And then sometimes I just find myself staring at Chris and demanding cake. And there are times when we look at our stomachs and scream. He has given us so much to laugh about. And he probably doesn't even know lol Love you guys! Keep up the good work :)

Kelly said...

A new baby cousin for James! We are SOO excited. P.s. if you ever want to come paint some stripes on my walls, I'd be much obliged. You're quite the interior decorator.