Sunday, September 30, 2012

Birthday Boy

Wes turned 3. I can't believe it. I feel like I've had him in my life forever, and that he has always been 2. His Birthday was a harsh reminder that he actually IS growing up. Although I love having him grow more and more into a little man and best friend to me, I want him to stay in that innocent, sweet, mischievous, fun stage. Forever. Oh how I just love him. I love how his mind works. He's always asking about the outcome of things. Like, "What happens if... we crash into a car." or "...if he eats all of his lunch" questions. And he is a master manipulator! We'll be in the grocery store and he'll state the fact that he was so nice and that he didn't whine or cry. I thank him and he continues to praise himself. Then just at the right time he asks "Mommy? Don't you think I should get a new car since I was such a nice boy?" He has a great point. Why shouldn't he get rewarded for being so sweet and making my shopping trip enjoyable? I get him the car. It hits me as I'm walking out to my car that I just got played. Hard. Good for him. He most certainly deserves it. He can officially outsmart Mom.

Weston is obsessed with motorcycles. He thinks his tiny little tricycle is exactly like the Harleys on the road, and that he can go just as fast. Rob and I decided to get him a "big boy bike" with training wheels for his Birthday. But not only is it just a bike, it actually looks like a motorcycle. We gave it to him in the morning around 7:30 and we were outside until almost 11:00. He loved it. We met up with my mom, my sister and her kids at McDonalds for Lunch and then had the Grandparents (we missed you Bonnie!) over for cake and ice cream. He was in Heaven having all of his favorite people all to himself for the night.




I love him so much. I'm so grateful I get to spend my days with him. I guess I'm okay with him growing up... well, just a little bit. I love you, THREE year old boy of mine. I'm lucky to have you!!!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

What a sweet post! I love that he is your bestie! He is so handsome! Happy Birthday! :)

JaNae said...

I can't believe he's 3, what a cutie!