My favorite song says...
Smile though your heart is aching
Smile even though it's breaking
When there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by
If you smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through for you...
This little boy of mine always makes me smile!

I knew those horns would poke through sooner than later


We were making cookies. I turned to take the cookies off the pan, Wes grabbed a dirty spoon from the sink and went at the frosting. As a reward for how sneaky he was I let him have it =)

Wes prays! It's darling.

Bubbles on the head is hilarious here

Seeing them laugh and play is pure happiness to me

Showing me his teeth

washing his hair with his short chubby arms


...Light up your face with gladness
Hide every trace of sadness
Although a tear may be ever so near
That's the time you must keep on trying
Smile, what's the use of crying?
You'll find that life is still worthwhile
If you just smile
How could I NOT be happy for one split second with my funny little man and husband who adores me and Wes. Life is too perfect for little silly things to interrupt my happiness.
I sing this song to Wes every night. I love this line.
"...when your heart is filled with love
others will love you."

9 comments:
Um, excuse me? I don't know if you noticed, but someone must have slipped a BYU shirt on your son when you weren't looking...
I love you, Mare, and your ability to overcome anything. You have a fabulous attitude and always know how to make the best out of any situation. THanks for the song, I will be singing it ALL day long, thinking of you!
What an adorable little boy! He looks so much like his Daddy!! Keep your chin up! I think all of us MOM'S feel that way sometimes! You are beautiful and a FABULOUS mommy!!
Yes! More pictures of Weston! Love you, Mare!
What a cutie! I wish I saw more of you guys. I love that picture of Wes washing his own hair--too cute. Also the praying, that is adorable. Brecklyn is the only thing that gets me smiling some days but she is always good at it! Kids are awesome
Mare, I love this post. You are always such a positive example to me. You forgot to add how grateful you are for your amazing, funny, sweet, beautiful, smart, hilarious, understanding, skinny, funny sister. You are such a good mommy to that cute little boy!
I miss him all the time!
Marilyn, you are such a sweetheart! Thanks for the kind note, I'll definitely read that talk tonight, i need it! hope all is great with you, that Wes is so cute!
xo
lindsey
You definitely have the cutest little family! And I think you are actually one of the more positive and happy people I know...so don't get down on yourself. You are such a good mama and wife! Hope to see you guys soon! Love ya!
Post a Comment