Broken feet, broken ribs and a broken head... How about I start from the beginning.
For as long as I can remember I have gotten nasty migraines. I've gone to doctor after doctor looking for answers. FINALLY we got some. I was set up for surgery on July 17th. Rob was going to take off the first few days to take care of me and then my mom was going to come up when Rob had to go back to work. Perfect, right? Well, I think my mom didn't want to miss out on getting some attention, so she decided to trip and fall and break her foot. Along with that she has broken ribs. So there goes one of my slaves. Rob saw all the attention and gifts my mom got and took matters into his own hands as well. We were up at my cabin having a Chambers work night. Rob w

as in charge of making a new pulley for the zip line. They also decided to tighten the line so it was much higher and a ton faster. Rob hiked to the top of the mountain to test out his new zip line. While below all of my brothers, uncles and my dad are cheering him on. He takes off and is going sooo fast. It was awesome...until he realized he was going to run straight into a wall of sharp rocks. He decided to bail last minute dropping over 15 feet, going super fast, and landing on a steep hill. Turns out he broke his heel pretty bad. So, there goes my other little slave boy. (I still think he should have gone into the wall of rocks. He and my mom are tricky little buggers!;) So I head in to surgery with a broken hubby and a broken mom. I really felt so bad for them. I don't know all the medic

al terms, so I'm going to use "Marilyn" terms. My headaches were caused by so many things wrong with my bone structure in my nose and from my sinuses. The doc went in and took out a lot of my bones so there's not as much pressure going on in there (which is probably causing me the most pain right now) He also found some type of growth the size of a kidney bean on one of my sinuses by my forehead. He sent that to the lab to be tested, but I'm sure it's nothing. Also because of all the blockage from my bones, I had fluid in my mastoid (which is not good) and somewhere below my eye. He chipped away some of my check bone, fixed my septum, and

a collapsed turbinate. All together I think it was 7 surgeries.
It's been a week and I'm still flat on my back. Rob and i have had so much fun watching movies all night together. And my mom and I laid on our death beds and watched the first season of One Tree Hill. (I got her hooked) Friends and family stop by and it's fun just to hang out. Our ward is amazing at bringing us dinner. In a weird way, it's kinda fun. But that could just be the drugs talking right now, who knows. Rob has been so amazingly sweet. He has been hobbling around taking care of everything I need. He is the best. And thank you to everyone else who has helped out!
I guess my only question is, who's next???
11 comments:
mare, i am so sorry--i can't lie, that looks so painful---i hope it gets a little better everyday--take care!
Oh my goodness talk about tuff luck!! I glad everyone is okay. I am sorry about your headaches I hope after all you have gone through they go away!!! (one tree hill is addicting :) )
oh my goodness, you poor thing! and your poor family! geez, talk about weird timing. i hope you are doing better, that is so rough. hopefully this will all help with your migraines. you are a trooper, hang in there mare!
Man what a pity party.it was all a scheme for attention and free stuff. I know you Chambers...jk you know I love you and wish I could be there to take care of you all. You are in our prayers!
Mare Bear. Oh so sadness! I'm glad that your surgery went well. I remember you always having migraines. WOW!! who knew?!? I'm sorry to hear about your mom and hubby. I hope they feel better soon! I wish I was there.. you need a nurse to take care of you right about now... and who better than someone whose known u for yrs. :) I loved your "marilyn's" interpretation of medical fancy-smancy words. I wish nursing school was that easy.. i would ace that test!
Feel Better my dear!!!
Wow Mare- I am so sorry. That sounds so painful. I hope that you and your fam recoop fast! Hopefully it will all be worth it tho and your migraines will go away. Take care!
Oh Mare that looks painful. I hope you are doing better now! Hopefully we will see you soon :)
Hey Mare,
I am so sorry and hope that you are doing well. We haven't talked or seen you guys in forever and I am way excited to hang out this weekend, maybe. Our boys have been talking and doing something is in the works. But I finally started a blog so check it out...breeandbrangohandinhand.blogspot.com. You'll have to show me more that I can do on there.Talk to ya soon.
In a weird way I wish that I was also broken and could've joined you. What good times you've had!
Oh my goodness you poor thing! feel better! you are a trooper!
Hey, I just went in to customize and then add a new element. Then I just add all my friends on the Blog List, I cause everyone was uploading them through Link List. But I just started this whole blog thing so I was just playing. Then it just tells me when everyone has updated their blogs. We have to do something soon!
Post a Comment