Can I just tell you all how much I love camping? I was in Heaven this weekend. There's not a stress in the world. You can put all your worries aside and just have fun! The snow FINALLY melted so we went before our next unexpected snow storm would sneak up on us. Why do I live in Utah again??? Dumb snow.Mel, Jason and Drew came up for a while. Drew was having so much fun, until he fell into the water... so they ended up leaving early.:(

Hooray for veggie dogs!!! I wasn't left out of this camp dinner. If you don't already know, I'm really weird about meat (or other unknown substances like hot dogs) And they were oh so yummy.

We're just hanging out by the fire eating and talking. It's so funny to think back on our camp fire conversation. It seems like every time people get around the camp fire, very strange topics come up and things come out that you wouldn't normally say (unless you are my husband. He will say anything to make you squirm.) It was fun. We are so lucky to have such good and fun friends. Thanks for coming guys!
Yes. I got the dang spatula stuck on my thumb. I don't know how these type of things happen to me, but unfortunately they do. (Especially when a lot of people are around to witness) It took a few minutes to get it off and it hurt! But it's off now, so no complaints:)
We had a blast camping this weekend. I'm sad it had to end. But Summer is hopefully coming soon, so if it's anything like last year we'll be camping a lot. I feel so lucky to be married to a guy who just loves to play. We are always out doing something. I have so much fun with him. It's NEVER boring and I'm not planning on it to be anytime soon.:)


7 comments:
that was so much fun! thanx for the invite. drew was so sad to leave. he kept saying "mommy i want my friends back" you've got a fun group of friends! and why am i not surprised about the spatula?
It was so much fun! You guys really know how to bring out the "little boy" in people. Thanks for having us along and letting Porter hit on Mare all night.
This looks like SO much fun! I'm so jealous. I havn't been camping in yrs. All these LA kids don't do dirt.
Same old Mare.. getting her finger stuck in the oddest places. I love how you havn't changed a bit. :) Kyla looks great! Tell her "Hi" for me.
Thank you for my comment. It made me smile from ear to ear. I'm sorry we lost touch all these yrs, i have missed you guys bunches! I know its not cool at all. Let's not let it happen again...deal! :)
Im jealous. Not so much about the whole camping deal, because I have the Shenandoahs here and they are pretty sweet, but just jealous that I could not be there to witness my mare making a fool of herself. There's nothing better than that :) I love ya mare, and I'm sure glad your husband has a sense of humor. SO of course this week, my OTHER wisdom tooth started giving me trouble. Who knows...my husband may have to fly me home to Idaho to have it pulled out, and I may need a freind to pick me up from the airport or something...I'll keep you updated :)
looks like you guys had fun! i loved your comment you left me mare! when you told me of all of our weird memories and things we used to do, it made me think of alot too and made me miss the good ol' days. remember all of our forts we used to make anywhere and everywhere? we were a little obsessed... and remember when we were sitting on top of the batting cages and you almost shouted out to the world who i had a crush on?! haha! good times. too bad we live so far apart, it would be fun to hang out sometime:)
That looks fun! So no really...how did you get a spatula stuck on your thumb...I am intrigued...lol ;) no worries things like that tend to happen to me as well. I love camping too, so fun!
Marilyn! Thanks for your sweet comment. I have wanted to tell you for so long how much it meant to me when you came through the line at Scott's viewing. We didn't hang out as much in high school, but I remember so vividly you coming through the line, looking at me, and just embracing me in the sweetest hug. I was touched more by that gesture than by anything anyone had done after Scott died. I honestly felt how much you cared and how sorry you were. I am sorry for writing this in a blog comment, but I want you to know that I will never forget your expression of love and kindness during a difficult time. I look forward to staying in touch better!
Post a Comment