Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Our Cute Gremlin


People have been asking about delivery. So here's a little update. First off, I had no clue I was in labor. Because I was so far along at my doctors appointment a couple days earlier we decided to just go in and get checked. Planning on being sent home, I was amazed when they said I was having off the chart contractions and was well on my way to having my baby. And when Wes came I can't even explain the feeling of holding him for the first time.


Rob loves his boy so much. They have "man time" every night to give me a little break. It kills Rob when visitors come because he doesn't like to share his boy at all. I just feel so lucky to have two amazing boys in my life.

It's so cool how someone so little can completely wiggle their way into your heart. Rob and I can't look, hold, kiss, laugh, or smile at our baby enough. We find ourselves just staring at him while he's napping. He is such an amazing little guy. We are 100% obsessed.
My sister Mel always says that you can't have enough people to love your kids, and it makes you love those people even more when you see that love. It is so true! We are so lucky to have family and friends who love our little man. But how can you not? He's perfect!


He's napping now, but I miss him! So I'm off to stare at the little dude

7 comments:

Tim & Holly said...

I love all the cute pictures. Thanks for letting us hold him the other night, he's adorable. You guys are such great parents.

P.S. You look fabulous in that first picture! I'm glad things went so well.

Chris and Hay said...

Awe! You two are such cute parents! And what a darling little boy, but Mare I can't believe you didn't know you were in labor!!! ha ha Keep the pictures coming I love seeing them!

melanie said...

i love that story! you are so funny. i love those pictures. i know what you mean when you miss them while they're napping. i've noticed my self being a little extra noisy when they hit the 2 hour mark. kids are so cool!

oh and i love that camo outfit! it's perfect for him (rob) isn't it! cute!

melanie said...

sorry! but i just wanted to say he just seems so happy! that second picture of him he looks like he is smiling. he seems like a happy little baby.

The Nate and Sara Project said...

That is a pretty darn cute lil gremlin. Ya'll look so natural, like you've been parents forever!!

Sarah said...

I am so happy that all went well for you!He is sooooo Cute! I am so Dang Excited to take some pictures of your little man for you!! Thanks! we will see you tomorrow! Yay!

Peppergrass Girls said...

So I am special and new at the blog scene! I started one and as u saw didn't finish or update...help! I refuse to go back to the gym unless u are there. My babies adore u. They get fussy with anyone else! THey miss u! I'll let u know when the onesie gets shipped! Love your little guy! SOOOOOO CUTE!