
While at my parent’s house the other day, my dad came inside with a HUGE smile on his face and a tree trunk. He showed it to me and a flash back of memories overwhelmed me. It had the initials "MC' (that's me) and "HS" (Hilary Skeen!) engraved on it. We had carved our initials in one of our tree hut trees a long time ago. It got me thinking how lucky I was to grow up having the friends that I had and my amazing parents and siblings. I had the BEST, most magical childhood!
My parents seriously were (and still are) my best friends growing up. I could go to them with anything. They always made my friends feel welcome and always wanted their house full of people. They filled my childhood with the most amazing memories. I hope I can give my kids half the memories my parents gave me.
On top of having the best parents ever, I have the coolest siblings. My brothers and sister always wanted me to tag along with them and their friends. They treated me like a friend, not an annoying little sis that I probably was. I love all my brothers and sisters. They all married the coolest people. I love them all!
Here are my favorite memories with my siblings: (If you're not family, this part might be boring. So go ahead and skip this part:)To make a long story short, I just LOVE how many amazing memories I have!
Nate: Going to his house in Wellsville while attending USU and just hanging out with him. He gave me the best advice. He taught me how to shoot a gun too.
Aaron: Tagging along with him and his friends at the cabin. I remember he would read me stories too. He gave me so much attention.
Maury: Watching The Velveteen Rabbit 50 times a day. He never complained. Also playing (and winning;) the game "Seven" as teammates.
Mel: (Besides taking every opportunity to try to "mess me up"...)She would do my hair. We'd go on major shopping sprees. Going to concerts and meeting (and embarrassing ourselves) Dexter Holland (singer of The Offspring). Vroom! Vroom!
Jake: Playing roller hockey every night. And watching Aladdin every night to fall asleep. Thanks for sleeping on my hard floor every night Buddy!
I loved my childhood! It was full of love, family, and tons and tons and TONS of play!

5 comments:
you know what's funny, i have many of the same memories as you share here. not with my own family, but with yours! I'm really all chambers. ;)
ahh, we do have such a cool family. i remeber when jake use to sleep on your floor! it was around the whole elizabeth smart thing and he didn't want anybody to take you! and i'm sure dex thinks it's very cool to say vroom vroom!
oh mare! i just had a flashback of memories reading that! that is so funny it was still there! did you take the tree down? you really do have the coolest family and i always looked up to all of your siblings when i was little and practically lived at your house! i hope that you are doing well, i read your last post that you had to have surgery. again!? i hope they found out what it is soon, too so you can stop worrying!
Yes the tree was cut down :( BUT my dad saved the tree trunk! That's what that picture is above my post (I realized it's kindof hard to figure out what it is) Thanks Hil!:)
And Mel, I feel like that if anyone says "vroom vroom" while trying to impress someone else (especially Dexter Holland!!!!!!) I need to comfort them and tell them they're very... special? Yes, special.:) Mel, mom says you're very special and have a sweet spirit. No matter what anyone else tells you, believe Mommy! haha
Hey, I think that would be funny if we need get together to open our gifts. Then we could over dramatize the second opening of the gifts it would be so funny. How are you doing? Thanks for everything the last time we came up. You guys are great host and wonderful friends. We need to do something soon.
Post a Comment