Sunday, October 26, 2008

Click to play Halloween Parties!
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook



Wow! What a weekend! My parents throw a Halloween party every year. I love them so much! The kids always look so cute and it's always so much fun to see what all the "adults" dress up as. We can always count on Jason (Mel's husband) to be something a little awkward, but it's always so funny. I know, I know, Rob was a banana. Why??? I don't know! I have no control over that boy, but it was funny in a pathetic kind of way. Right?... Wait, right???? Hmmm... anyways...
The party was a blast! Thanks Mom and Dad!
Saturday night Rob and I hosted a Murder Mystery dinner with a few friends up at the cabin. It was kind of spur of the moment, but it was still way fun. Everyone dressed up as their character and we solved the mystery. It was so much fun to hang out with our friends and eat and play, and eat more and play more into the wee hours of the night. We didn't get to bed until 5 in the morning but it was definitely worth it (until I had to wake up this morning for church).

Here's a little update on our lives since I have been a major slacker on this whole blogging thing.
Rob and I go up to Rexburg, Idaho every week from Monday to Friday. Rob is building a concert hall for his Grandma on our Uncle Jim's land. Rob is convinced the Devil himself lives there. It's so cold! We really do love it. We stay in Uncle Jim's guest house and we both LOVE their family. Jim and Paula have three girls who are the nicest, sweetest, cutest girls I've ever met. We love spending time with them. And Jim and Paula are the most giving, welcoming, funny, lovable people. I've loved getting to know them and their girls.
As for me, I'm just trying to keep up with my broken body that apparently doesn't like me right now. Anyone want to trade??? You all know about my surgery I had to get rid of my headaches right? Well, it's STILL not healed. In fact my nose "pops" now every time I smile. It's funny. And because it's not healed yet I got put on some pretty hard drugs to hopefully get the job done. After about a week of being on them I broke out into a rash ALL over my body. It was creepy. I looked like an Oompa Loompa. Seriously. We found out yesterday that the drug was burning me from the inside out. So if any of you guys need something to brighten up your day, stop on by and see the Oompa Loompa!;)

7 comments:

Brad and Darci said...

Glad you guys had a good weekend- I just love halloween! Sounds like you guys are definitely staying busy and i am sorry about your nose and your meds. I bet you are so ready for it all to be over with!

reagan: said...

Oh my heck! I hope you are okay! I have never heard a nose pop, but you have me interested! ;)
Rob as a Banana doesnt shock me. more or less makes me laugh. (did you go as a monkey?) he eh ...I have always wanted to do a murder mystery dinner thing. so fun! glad you had fun! feel better please!

Jamie said...

A Banana that is awesome that is my kind of costume. You look gorgeous in your costume! Sounds like you guys have done some really fun stuff. That is really cool that you did a murder mystery I have never been to one but they sound really fun. That stinks about your nose I hope it will get better soon! Drugs are are to predict sometimes! Hope all is well otherwise! :)

melanie said...

i miss you marebear! spending time with husbands is way over rated. you just need to stay home and play with me all day. dumb idaho. your blog is so cute!

melanie said...

change my effing name on mom and dad's blog we're not the warnes!

Kelly said...

I have always wanted to see an oompa loompa in the flesh! Dreams DO come true. See you in 12 days! Hooray!

Kristen Nicole said...

I am now a real blogger, and you may now add me to your blog list. I'm just trying to be cool like you.